Information about the track for the 2019 UCI Cyclo-Cross World Championships
The track in Bogense has some exciting features – not least for the spectators. The chosen track is a 3 km circular tour in central Bogense, where the riders must cross a number of set up obstacles. The many cycling stars will pass along the Old Harbour and the Coastal Camping site, where the spectators will have a chance to watch for 8-10 times the passing of the riders. Among other things, the riders will be driving along Vestre Havnevej (West Harbour Road), Østre Havnevej (East Harbour Road) and Moletorvet (the Mole Square).
In addition to that, they will have to climb the steep hill near the church several times, drive along the sea and the nearby Coastal Camping site, and for the first time ever the Old Harbor must be crossed before reaching the finish line. It´s a fast and technical route promising drama and intense fight, as the world’s best cyclo-cross riders will be getting ready for start in Bogense. This will be a very special event that must be experienced live.
Start and finishing line
The start and finishing line is at Vestre Havnevej (West Harbour Road) GPS co-ordinates: 55.566819, 10.081844
Facts about the track
- At the UCI Cyclo-Cross World Championships there will be different distances to do for the various classes: Junior Men, U23 Women, U23 Men, Women and Men’s Elite.
- The riders will cover a 3 km circular distance, and they will pass the finish line approximately 10-12 times.
- The riders will drive on grass, asphalt and gravel.
- There will be approximately six obstacles forcing the riders to get off their bikes.
- The spectators will be close to the riders and able to feel the pulse.